Energy Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Couch White’s Energy Group has extensive experience assisting clients in resolving energy-related contract and other disputes. Couch White attorneys attempt to find creative ways to resolve disputes in the most cost-effective manner before litigation. When necessary, we have the experience and knowledge needed to achieve satisfactory legal and equitable remedies for our clients in the courts or applicable administrative agencies. The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- Advising clients on tariff disputes with utilities.
- Representing clients in energy contract disputes in courts.
- Representing clients in complaint and other proceedings at the New York State Public Service Commission, Connecticut Public Utility Regulatory Authority, Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and other administrative agencies.
- Seeking declaratory rulings from administrative agencies for disputes arising from statutory and tariff interpretation.
- Representing clients in dispute resolution proceedings at the New York Independent System Operator, ISO-NE and FERC.
- Representing clients in mediation, arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
- Judicial appeals of administrative agency decisions.
- Representing clients in negotiations with the New York Power Authority.
- Representing submeterers in complaint proceedings.