Practice Group Chair
Renewable project development often requires a deep understanding of State policy, utility rules and regulations, and available incentive programs. Couch White’s attorneys have decades of experience working with utility regulatory agencies and utilities to design and implement relevant policies to facilitate successful renewable energy policies. Additional detail on Couch White’s Energy Group can be found here.
The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- Participation in critical state regulatory proceedings, including New York State’s Clean Energy Standard, Value of Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Storage, and other proceedings addressing utility interconnection procedures and transmission development.
- Advising clients on rules, regulations, and compensation schemes affecting both distributed- and utility-scale renewable energy project development.
- Helping clients navigate the utility interconnection process, at both the utility and ISO level, and resolve disputes over interconnection upgrade costs.
- Advising clients on relevant consumer protection rules, in particular involving community solar programs.
- Participation in electric, gas, and steam utility rate cases on behalf of large corporate, industrial, and municipal clients.