- Colgate University, B.A., 2000
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 2005
Brendan represents clients in all stages of litigation in federal and state courts. He is also experienced in preparing and negotiating various forms of construction and energy performance contracts, project labor agreements, and lease agreements.
Brendan was previously employed as Assistant General Counsel at the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York where he regularly advised DASNY’s Construction Division on issues including, but not limited to, construction, procurement, claims, litigation, and insurance. Prior to his tenure at DASNY, Brendan spent over a decade in private practice, with a primary focus on public and private contract law and litigation.
- New York State Courts
- United States District Court of the Northern, Southern and Western Districts of New York
- Representing owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, and material suppliers in all aspects of their business, including contract formation and negotiation, dispute resolution, delay claims, construction defect claims, surety/bonding matters, insurance matters, mechanics’ liens and foreclosures, and vendor disputes.
- Assisting clients with respect to procurement issues, including navigating competitive bidding laws, evaluating and responding to requests for proposal, handling of bid protests, and interfacing with appropriate contacts at various state agencies, public authorities, and municipalities.
- Counseling contractors and subcontractors with respect to MWBE and DBE applications and assistance with appeals of certification and recertification denials.
- Negotiation and analysis of project labor agreements implemented on public construction projects.
- Representation of clients with respect to investigations and hearings conducted by the New York State Department of Labor involving violations of prevailing wage laws.
- New York State Bar Association