- Siena College, B.S., 2004
David has been working in the title insurance industry for more than 20 years. He began his career as a title abstractor for a local title insurance company, conducting title searches in various local county clerk offices. After just a couple of years, David learned how to turn read and write title insurance policies of all sizes. Subsequently, David left the title company to work for a local environmental law firm. There, he reviewed 150+ year title searches, wrote title opinions for several well-known natural gas drilling companies and helped to solve very complex title issues. After several years, David noticed the energy industry trending toward renewable and made his way to Couch White. Since 2016, David has been an integral part of not just the renewable practice group, but also the corporate and transactional group. David routinely reviews and writes title insurance policies, provides guidance to clients on complex title issues and assists the attorneys at the firm with drafting all types of real estate documents.
- Conducts real estate due diligence for renewable energy projects, such as community solar projects and onshore wind projects.
- Provides analysis of lease documents, easement agreements, ALTA Surveys, title commitments and title policies.
- Drafts various real estate documents, such as leases, amendments to lease, memoranda of lease, easement agreements and deeds.
- Drafts and issues title insurance commitments and title insurance policies.